FAQSubmitting your notice with Public Notices / Alcohol Notices

How many notices do I need to publish?

How do I find out which local newspaper I should publish my notices in?

The local paper should be circulating in the area of the trading premises. We provide a list of all the suburbs and corresponding newspapers for you when you are submitting your public notice details. This list can also be viewed here: More info. Once your suburb is selected on the Submit Alcohol Notice form, only the newspaper related to your District Licensing Area will appear in the newsletter list.

Can I publish notices in the NZ Herald through you? I can't find this on your website.

We no longer offer this service as the NZ Herald option is by far the most expensive. We have worked closely with the Auckland City Council District Licensing Committee to ensure that your alcohol licence publishing requirements are being me when you submit your notices through Alcohol Notices at the best possible price.

For more information on your publishing options, click here for the Auckland City Council website.

How do I find out what my risk category is?

Correspondence from the Auckland City Council District Licensing Committee (DLC) will advise you of your risk category. If you are unsure, contact your local DLC or visit the Auckland City Council website for more information.

What will it cost to place my notices with Alcohol Notices?

A list of prices can be found on our website - click here.

How do I pay for my notices?

When you submit your notice details online, you have the option to pay by credit card (Visa, Mastercard or Amercian Express) or by direct debit. Payment is made on the payment page. To pay by direct debit, rather than credit card, select "Account2Account". This is simple to use and there is no extra cost.

I am having issues putting payment through - can you help?

Call us on 0800 200 445 for assistance.

Where do I find copies of my published notices on your website?

All copies can be viewed on our website on the Newspaper Copies page - click here.

Can I send the copies of my published notices from the Alcohol Notices website as proof of public notices for my application?

Yes, you just need to highlight your notice in the list of those detailed.

I need to get a copy of a notice that was published over 3 months ago - do you still have these available?

It is likely we will still have copy. Contact us on 0800 200 445 for assistance.

For more detailed information on the local legislation around alcohol licensing in the greater Auckland area, please visit the Auckland City Council website.

For all further enquiries please email us at info@alcoholnotices.co.nz or call 0800 200 445.